Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Wednesday, June 21. Well, not much happened today. Unless you count the terrific thunderstorm, but I’ll get to that later. It was rainy this morning and although I should have worked on my insect collection, I just spent the entire morning in my room surfing the web and playing on my DS. I have a feeling I‘m going to regret not working on the project later. In the afternoon, however, I worked a bit on my insect collection. That’s pretty much what I did all day. In the evening there was the thunderstorm. Wow! It was quite amazing. So amazing in fact, that after the quiz (boy was it easy!) Chris let all of us go outside and watch the storm. It was the most beautiful storm I have ever watched! I saw some of the biggest lightening flashes in my life tonight. There were some people stranded on the sailboats in the middle of the lake. I hope they are all right because sailboats have a huge metal thingy sticking from the middle of the boat. That’s bad during a thunderstorm. I have no idea how long we watched the storm until Chris shooed us back in for a brief lecture on some families of beetles, butterflies, and moths. The rest of the night was, of course, spent pinning and identifying the insects. I didn’t get back to my room until almost 11 again, but during the pinning and identifying, I hardly noticed the time passing because we’re not all just sitting there quietly pinning our bugs and looking up what family they belong in. There’s a lot of talking, joking, bug swapping, and laughing going on in our class. This doesn’t feel like a college class at all and I’m glad that I’m in it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home