Friday, July 14, 2006

Saturday, June 24. I didn’t feel as tired as I should have this morning. I ate breakfast quickly and read over all of our notes. At 8 we turned in our collections, was presented with a hilarious series of cartoon panels, and our identification exam began. After working on my collection for I don’t know how many hours, I better have done well on that exam. After the identification exam came the written exam and it contained stuff from our notes (I’m glad I went over them) and even had a question about Adrea’s research. I feel that I did well in this class. I got my collection back later and I got a 468 our of 475 on it. It turns out that I misidentified an order and two families. Grrrr. Oh well. I had a bunch of additional species that partially made up for it. That’s still a 98.5%. I can’t believe how much work I had to do for this class, but I also can’t believe how much fun I had doing it. I actually didn’t mind working on my insect collection until 11 or later every night. I even actually found insects interesting. I can definitely see myself going into entomology thanks to this class at Stone Lab. Having an awesome professor like Chris and an awesome TA like Adrea helped too. I hope the class I’m taking next week, Geo Sci 107 is even half as much fun as this class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home